This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a small percentage if you make purchases through our links. There is no cost to you. Please refer to "Legal Info" for more information about affiliate links.
This mini felt monkey softie was designed as part of the Sew a Softie 2019 series held by Trixi over at Coloured Buttons. To see more of the tutorials check out the hashtag #Sewasoftie over on Instagram.
If you are joining us for the first time, welcome! You may also enjoy my wildly popular Puzzle Animals! Learn more about navigating all the awesome stuff here are Felt With Love Designs on the “Start Here” page. I hope you enjoy this adorable monkey softie and find something that inspires you!
I look forward to Sew a Softie every year! I love browsing the new patterns everyone comes up with for the celebration. Our past contributions include the mini unicorn softie (2018) and the snail softie (2017) as well as the mini skeleton softie (Sew a Softie for Halloween), Valentine’s Bear (Sew a Softie for Valentine’s), and the mini snowman softie (Sew a Softie for Christmas).
To sew your own felt monkey softie, you will need:
- The pattern
- Embroidery thread to match
- Hand-sewing needle
- Safety eyes (optional)
- Poly-Fil stuffing (this is my favorite kind, especially for smaller softies)
- Clover Wonder Clips (optional)
- Scissors (these are my favorite for cutting precisely)
- Felt glue (Optional – this is my favorite brand)
- Freezer paper (Optional – Check out my tutorial to learn how to cut felt with freezer paper if you’ve never used freezer paper before)
To assemble the felt monkey softie:
- Sew the face piece and the belly patch on the front monkey body piece
- Sew the heart on the back monkey body piece
- Embroider a nose and mouth on the face.
- Install safety eyes on the monkey’s face between the nose and the top of the head.
- Line up the embellished front of the monkey with the back of the monkey, wrong sides together, and sew almost all the way around the monkey. Leave a small gap for stuffing.
- Lightly stuff the monkey. Be sure to maneuver stuffing into the limbs.
- Sew the side closed
Be sure to sign up for the newsletter and check back soon – this little brown monkey softie is getting a new friend!! Any guesses?
If you sew a little felt monkey softie, I would love to see it! Join the FWLD Facebook group to share things you’ve sewn from our patterns! I also pin photos of our patterns to the “FWLD Patterns in Action” Pinterest Board.
Not ready to start sewing? Pin this little felt monkey softie pattern for later by clicking HERE.