This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a small percentage if you make purchases through our links. There is no cost to you. Please refer to "Legal Info" for more information about affiliate links.
Free finger puppet patterns? I love finger puppets and who doesn’t love free patterns?! Create a finger puppet of your favorite character to accompany story time or stick a set of finger puppets in your purse for a quick on-the-go quiet time activity.
Finger Puppets from Felt With Love Designs
- Circus Finger Puppets
- 12 Days of Christmas Finger Puppets
- Stitch Love – Australian Critters Finger Puppets
- Zebra Finger Puppet
- Baby Shark Finger Puppets
- Ocean Creatures Finger Puppets – The first set contains a tutorial and free template for a hammerhead shark, squid, deep-sea angler, submarine, and walrus.
- Ocean Finger Puppets – Set 2 – The second set contains a tutorial and free pattern for creating an eel, seahorse, pelican, lobster, and manta ray!
- Halloween character finger puppets – While there isn’t a free pattern yet, these guys are too cute not to share with you all (again.)
- Puppy finger puppets – I created these little guys from a free pattern I found on Pinterest. They were the first set of finger puppets (and one of our other most-loved posts) we shared here!
- Woodland Creature Finger Puppets – These guys are my absolute favorite. They go great with the Enchanted Woodland Playscape!
- Bear Finger Puppet – Sign up for our newsletter for more free finger puppet patterns.
Other Adorable Finger Puppet Patterns
- Precious patterns shares an adorable set of crayon finger puppets – perfect for practicing colors!
- Floral Blossom has a lot of fun and creative finger puppet patterns. We made our finger puppets from her dog pattern
- Precious patterns has a set of 5 little monkeys finger puppets. Finger puppet sets that go with books or songs are an awesome way to make the songs and stories come to life!
Free Finger Puppet Patterns
After making the puppy finger puppets, I went on a search for other free finger puppet patterns and compiled a list of my favorites! Send me a link if you find any other free patterns that should be added to the list.
- The Purl Bee – I love the combination of white and bright spring colors in these bunny finger puppets. I made these for Easter and we love them! The free pattern and tutorial were extremely easy to follow. My set of 6 were finished during Monkey’s nap!
- Wild Olive – For all you Muppets fans out there, Mollie shares a free pattern and tutorial for an adorable Kermit finger puppet! The Muppets are a favorite movie here so we’ve had it on our list for awhile to create the finger puppets of the whole cast. Need more time in the day! Wild Olive also provides free finger puppet patterns to download for Easter Finger Puppets, Alice in Wonderland printable puppets (could be used as a template for some cute felt finger puppets!), Goldilocks and the Three Bears mitten puppets (could also easily be turned into cute finger puppets), and a tutorial for a bacon finger puppet from bacon fabric.
- Craftiness is not Optional – Free finger puppet patterns to accompany Tacky the Penguin (If you haven’t read this yet, I highly recommend it. It’s one of our favorites!) We LOVE anything that brings stories to life and I can’t wait to make a set of these to go along with our copy of the book (and the sequel!) Although she doesn’t include a pattern, she also made some cute Star Wars finger puppets you should check out.
- Nichole Heady – A tutorial and free pattern for a lion, hippo, and monkey finger puppet. The hippo is probably my favorite. So cute!
- Dream a Little Bigger – These are some really funky alien finger puppets. The pieces would also make a great build your own monster quiet book page. Hmmmm… the ideas! While you’re over there, check out her free patterns for Easter finger puppets and the “Rascally Raccoon” finger puppet.
- Bright Apple Blossom – Eight different animals including a bear, lion, frog, cat, dog, peacock, monkey, and pig (and an update with a giraffe – not pictured) are included in this free finger puppet pattern! She also shared some paper animal finger puppet Valentine’s for download that could easily make cute templates for a felt version!
- Homemade by Jill – A free pattern for finger Puppets to go along with the Monkeys and Crocodile song, complete with printable lyrics to the song. While over there I got lost in all of her felt projects, including some really cute felt play food that I want to make for Monkey.
- Just Another Day in Paradise – These Old McDonald characters are hand puppets, not finger puppets, but they are way too cute not to include in this list! I know Monkey will love playing with these. I need to find time to make our own set!
- Red Fly Creations – I usually just store our finger puppets in zippered pencil pouches so they are easy to toss into my purse when we need a quiet time activity for errands but this drawstring puppet storage bag is adorable for storing the felt finger puppets you sew from these free patterns! It would be perfect for the Old Macdonald set above!
- Repeat Crafter Me – Shark Finger Puppet free pattern
- Create in the Chaos – Dinosaur Finger Puppets free pattern
- Create in the Chaos – Robot Finger Puppets free pattern
- Create in the Chaos – Monster Finger Puppets free pattern
- Repeat Crafter Me – Snow Friends Finger Puppets free pattern
There are SO MANY more free finger puppet patterns out there, head over to our Finger Puppets board on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you sew some free finger puppet patterns, I would love to see them! Join the FWLD Facebook group to share things you’ve sewn from our patterns! I also pin photos of our patterns to the “FWLD Patterns in Action” Pinterest Board. Or tag us on Instagram!
Not ready to start sewing? Pin this post for later by clicking HERE.