DIY Recycled T-Shirt Dog Toys
I am always looking for ways to recycle things so when I saw this idea for making dog toys from old t-shirts, I knew I needed to try it!
We seem to have a constant supply of old, ratty t-shirts around here so I had plenty to work with!
You can get several toys from one t-shirt but it’s fun to have several shirts so you can mix up the colors.
To make your own dog toys:
- Cut t-shirts into strips (2-4″ wide, depending on the thickness of your t-shirt fabric)
- Choose 3 strips (I made some with all the same color and some with 3 different colors)
- Knot one end, leaving an inch or so at the top
- Knot the end an inch (or more) from the bottom
- Repeat for remaining strips of fabric
These dog toys are easy to make and Leo approved!
I ended up with an entire paper bag full of toys so we plan to take a trip down to the local humane society this week to donate the bag of toys. Any excuse to play with some sweet puppies!
Since making these, I have seen a few other great examples. Be sure to check them out as well for their own unique spin.
- Trine at Creative Pink Butterfly made her dog some toys from an old blanket. Another great idea for recycling!
- Stephanie at Imagine Our Life used some scraps of fleece leftover from another project to make her no-sew dog toy.
What are your favorite recycling crafts? I would love some more ideas! I have a Pinterest board filled with ideas for recycling crafts I want to try. Let me know what else I should add to the board!