Quiet Book: Spongebob Squarepants Quiet Book Page – Part 3 (Free Pattern!)
More Spongebob!! This is a pretty big project so I am sharing it in portions, as I complete the work myself. I welcome you to download the free pattern (see link below for Part 1) and sew along with me! I would love to see your completed work as well!
You can find the rest of the Spongebob Quiet Book Page posts here:
- Part 1 – Craby Patties, Gary, and Plankton (Character Pattern download)
- Part 2 – Spongebob, Mr. Crabs, and Squidward
- Part 3 (This Post) – Left Part of Page
- Part 4 – Front of the Krusty Krab (Pattern download)
- Part 5 – Inside of Krusty Krab (Pattern download)
- Part 6 – Back of Krusty Krab (Pattern download)
This portion of our Spongebob Squarepants quiet book page doubles as a silhouette matching game and as a place to store the characters. We designed the right side of the page (the fun part!) first and then opted for a simple matching section with snaps when we realized we needed a way to contain the characters while they weren’t in use.
- The Pattern (see Part 1)
- Felt (light blue and ocean blue)
- Embroidery thread to match
- Sew-on Snaps (The half matching the snap on the character’s backs)
To make the page:
- For the background, use a single sheet (9″x12″) of felt in the color desired for the ocean. This will be the left hand section of the page so line everything up on the left 9″ of the sheet of felt (when held horizontally) and leave the right 3″ for the binding.
- Cut silhouettes of each character using the light blue felt.
- Arrange the shapes on the page, as desired, and pin down.
- Stitch shapes to page.
- Stitch snaps to center of each shape (I chose to stitch the snap down through both the shape and the background felt to give it a little more strength and reduce the risk of damage, instead of only stitching the snap to the shape.)
The page itself is extremely straight forward. The real fun is coming next! Check back with us soon for the remaining portions of our Spongebob quiet book page! I will be, hopefully, completing the first of three parts for the right hand portion of the page this weekend.
What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for us? We would love to hear from you! Leave a comment at the bottom of the page or consider entering your ideas in our Custom Creation Challenge and watch us bring them to life!
If you chose to create your own versions of our designs, send us pictures and we will feature you in our upcoming reader gallery! We would love to see everyone’s versions of our designs!
Thank you for stopping by! Stay tuned for more Spongebob. The rest of the quiet book pages are coming as soon as I can stitch them together!!