Links With Love: Free Finger Puppet Patterns
The Puppy Finger Puppets (pictured below, in case you missed our original post) I created for The Monkey were such a huge hit that I have been searching for more patterns to quickly stitch together a few friends for them! We will soon share some of our own original patterns for sets of finger puppets as well! In the meantime, I put together a collection of some of my favorite ideas (each post linked up provides its own free pattern) from around the web to share with you.
- Storytime Katie has her own version of the same puppies. She also includes a cute rhyme to say with the puppies!
- The Purl Bee has another cute pattern (and awesome tutorial), this time adorable bunny finger puppets! They are a little Easter-y but I couldn’t wait until Easter to share them with you. Love the combination of white and bright spring colors!
- For all you Muppets fans out there, Wild Olive has a free pattern and tutorial for an adorable Kermit finger puppet! The Monkey and Daddy love watching the Muppets together so we might have to create the rest of the characters to keep Kermie company. Wild Olive also has some really cute free downloads for Easter Finger Puppets, Alice in Wonderland printable puppets (could be used as a template for some cute finger puppets!), Goldilocks and the Three Bears mitten puppets (could also easily be turned into cute finger puppets), and a tutorial for a bacon finger puppet from bacon fabric (that one’s for Hubby).
- Craftiness is not Optional offers a pattern for a set of finger puppets to go with the book Tacky the Penguin (it’s a really cute book, you should read it if you haven’t already.) We LOVE anything that brings stories to life and I can’t wait to make a set of these to go along with our copy of the book (and the sequel!) She also made some cute Star Wars finger puppets but no pattern to go with them.
- Nichole Heady explains how to make a lion, hippo, and monkey finger puppet. I think the hippo is my favorite.
- Dream a Little Bigger has some funky alien finger puppets. She also has a cute pattern for some Easter finger puppets and a “Rascally Raccoon” finger puppet.
- Eight different animals including a bear, lion, frog, cat, dog, peacock, monkey, and pig (and an update with a giraffe – not pictured) at Bright Apple Blossom. She also has some animal finger puppet (paper) Valentine’s for download that might make cute templates for a felt version!
- Finger Puppets to go along with the Monkeys and Crocodile song at Homemade by Jill complete with lyrics to the song. She features a lot of felt projects on her blog, including some really cute felt play food.
- The Old McDonald characters on Just Another Day in Paradise are hand puppets, not finger puppets, but they were way too cute not to share! These are definitely on my list of things to make soon! The Monkey will LOVE them!
- Last but not least, the puppet storage bag designed as a barn seen at Red Fly Creations is perfect for the above Old Mcdonald set and a good idea for tweaking into a dog house or something similar for the puppy finger puppets! So many possibilities.
Those are just a few of the MANY finger puppet patterns out there. Hopefully these will help give you some more inspiration for a project of your own. I know we have many ideas floating around for adding friends to our set of puppies! Check back with us for more of our own finger puppet creations!
Have you made something similar? Or seen some more examples you think I should have included? I would love to see them! Comment below with links or email us!